Subject: [Leica] OT: CV 15/4.5 in Nikon F Mount
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 10:50:16 -0700

All those lenses are definitely retrofocus and don't require
mirror-up. The 13/5.6 was a monster in size and price, and not that
great optically. The first 15, the 5.6 was also large and not that
good. The second 15, the 3.5 was a lot better except for flare. The
10/5.6 was an orthographic projection fisheye with specialized
application, the various other fisheyes, the 6's, 7.5's, and 8's were
all regular equidistant projection fisheye lenses, as is the 10.5mm
fisheye for the Nikon DX format.

All three 18's that Nikon has produced are retrofocus and rectilinear
(using that term loosely, as they have some of the nastiest
distortion) and the 4 different 20mm Nikkor designs are retrofocus.
The only one that wasn't was the previously mentioned 21/4 Nikkor.

The 15 and 12 CV lenses in Nikon mount focus to infinity.

--

    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
  /###\   mailto:henningw at archiphoto.com