Subject: [Leica] The Zurich Cafe
From: luisripoll at telefonica.net (Lluis Ripoll)
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 23:33:26 +0200

Hi Ted, mon ami Dr. Ted!

First at all, thank you very much to have take a look.

Normally I have never be questionned by the owners or the guests, I
act as quiet as I can and I take the pictures in several different
days, taking a coffee or a beer, I try to be very fast prefocusing the
camera. Some times, very rarely, some one has asked me, only once I
had a problem with a couple that they want I destroy the film, I've
tall them that I'll not exhibit and finally it was no more discussion,
I've promissed the next time I was there (it was not Barcelona) I'll
give them their picture.

I had a short experience in N.Y. shooting at the streets, stores..,
I've never had a problem on the streets, the people seem very open,
but in Macys they said me "Sorry it is prohibited", as well in a
coffee shop..., but when they arrive and said me this I noramally
already take the picture I wanted.

Some times I had a problem, but always stupid problems, on day I was
shooting the rainging drops on a table on the street and the owner of
the Bar has prohibited me, another day I was shooting some boats, a
backlight on a beach, and the owner has prohibited too.... these was
very stupid, the person intimacy is much more important. I'm not sure
if european are so relaxed as you say, I think Italians are
difficcult, on the other side the British people are more relaxed.

I think that this depends also of each individual attitude, I try to
be not provocative and integrated in the ambience.

Cheers
Lluis

El 01/04/2009, a las 1:55, Ted Grant escribi?: