Subject: [Leica] Translation question - help needed
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 23:49:15 +0200

Hi all,

I'm stuck slap bang in the middle of an argument with a fellow
translator about the translation of the German term "Denkzettel" in the
context of photography.

What is meant is a document presented by the client to the photographer
that lays out the concept to be shot, how it is to be realised and what
shots are needed for what purpose.

His translation is "Working notes on photo shoot", which I think is a
little contrived and possibly an excuse for not knowing what a
"Denkzettel" actually is.

My suggested translation is a "Photo shoot brief". (I'm not too sure of
the terminology either :-) )

Is this anything near the right expression for what I described above?

Thanks in advance,
Douglas

Replies: Reply from h_arche at yahoo.com (H. Ball Arche) ([Leica] Translation question - help needed)
Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] Translation question - help needed)