Subject: [Leica] IMG Giant daffodils
From: nod at bouncing.org (Philip Clarke)
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 04:08:06 +0100

Douglas Barry wrote:

> "Philip Clarke" <nod at bouncing.org> wrote regarding Felix's Koons shot
>> There is a man in a red top on a mobile phone sticking out of them,
>> moving one foot to the left would have made a better picture and the
>> almost monochromatic effect of the building an two people on the right
>> contrasts starkly.
>
> Not sure about that as I liked the mobile guy..There is another way.
> Here's a couple of variants http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/
>
> Douglas

When I first saw him, I saw him second and that's what bothers me, when
I look at an image I want to be lead around it and I did consider that
he could make the image stronger so I put my thumb over him. It's a
judgment call, I'd get out the cloning brush, some other's may not. I
believe that if blown up large, one would find more interest and be
drawn to the picture because of the colour of the balloons, recognize
that it was at the Guggenheim, and examine the people, I think that the
man stops the last two parts of the story, it doesn't play out in my
head, to be drawn to a picture and then stop at red jacketed man on a
mobile peering out, I like juxtaposition, leading lines, perspective
tricks, stories told, and he impedes my progress so I'd cut him out. In
another image I'd leave him in because I like people caught unawares,
but not this one.

Philip.

Message from nod at bouncing.org (Philip Clarke) ([Leica] IMG Giant daffodils)
Message from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] IMG Giant daffodils)