Subject: [Leica] IMG: Photography from Another Era
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 14:01:33 -0500

Hi Philippe,

Yes, the man in white is my wife's father. Since all that I have is a print
which appears to be from a 6x9, I must assume that is what it is, a folder
of some kind.

"Hollywood Studio" was a creation of my wife's grandmother's imagination.
She was of French-Canadian origin, and had lived in California for a short
time, and felt that a California connection would help sell photos. Her
husband came across the direct-positive photo concept in a Wisconsin
store-front studio, and decided that a mobile version would bring in more
income. They started with the concept shown here, and he eventually built
one into a home-built travel trailer, which was so heavy that he had to buy
an old Auburn roadster to pull it.  The Auburn consumed more oil than
gasoline.

No one from Hollywood ever brought suit over the name.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA