Subject: [Leica] IMG: PAW - Phx's, is it 15th ?
From: nod at bouncing.org (Philip Clarke)
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 00:21:03 +0100

Philippe AMARD wrote:
> Thank you Philip,
> it's a flying saucer ;-)
>
> Here on the list, when someone sees there was a flash you may consider
> you've failed :-(
> That's part of the unspoken rules, such as signing a post, etc. which
> you will learn over time. :-)
> But now you've unmasked me, I can tell you; indirect, and dimmed -
> just enough to freeze the flow and drops - I was shooting at 1/30th f
> 5.6 or so - Macro-Elmarit 60..
>
> BTW: Your French is excellent. (flash is ok, just the un-grammatical s
> at captur?S, and expos?S)
> Thanks for viewing and commenting.
> Phili^^e

I am not knowledgeable at all about the 4/3 system or any photographic
developments over the last couple of years so I'm not sure how much exif
data is true, I'm assuming some form of adaptor was used ? because I
didn't know a 60 macro existed for 4/3 (I've looked this evening), I
find the "compulsory flash" statement in the exif data rather amusing too.

You are too kind about my French, I speak fluently but cannot write
accents or plurals, and I keep on getting the word "?clair" or
"?clairage" pop into my head for "flash". I don't really understand 4/3,
what the magnification factor is, I understand the cameras are smaller
but the Leica 25mm f1.4 is still listed as 525 g which is too heavy for
me (I can put on too many clothes or turn too quickly with an unzipped
coat, and I end up hospitalised). I'm not an equipment freak, but please
explain a bit more about this L1.

Philip

Replies: Reply from philippe.amard at tele2.fr (Philippe AMARD) ([Leica] IMG: PAW - Phx's, is it 15th ?)
Message from nod at bouncing.org (Philip Clarke) ([Leica] IMG: PAW - Phx's, is it 15th ?)