Subject: [Leica] G1 AVAILABLE LIGHT
From: vroger at gmail.com (Victor Rubin)
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 21:32:41 -0400

Philip Clark wrote:

"A stunning set of images, and an early adopter of the micro four-thirds
format, do the pictures come out of the camera like this or are they
worked on ? I see there's some posterisation on the lower left corner of
the bartender picture, is that an effect of resizing for the web ? I'd
like to see one of the originals. Reminds me of David Bailey when he
used to shoot with a Pen F half frame for Olympus (that's a good thing
IMHO"

Thank you Philip. The fact is these were color images. Because of heavy
colored lighting in the club, all the images had a severe orange, red or
purple cast. I'm an old B/W photographer and gave been slowly moving back to
black/white to satisfy myself. All my images are post processed in
Photoshop- so these  were part of a natural progression. They were all
cropped, sharpened to taste (rather like cooking) and adjusted as to
contrast. Post processing is where I have most of my creative fun. vroger

Replies: Reply from nod at bouncing.org (Philip Clarke) ([Leica] Darkroom versus In-camera Creativity was G1 AVAILABLE LIGHT)