Subject: [Leica] Picture of the Year Controversy
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 16:53:29 -0400

The doing of photography is most decidedly cast in a negative light
nowadays;
Since I joined the LUG.
We killed Lady DI didn't we;
And so on.

And our major weapon of evil is Photoshop.
Certainly an agent of the underworld.

But all Photoshop is is your darkroom if you shoot digital;
Or print digital;
Or have a website or gallery you upload to.

And what we are used to seeing in magazines (not newspapers) are darkroom
prints which went right to the air brushers where they were sprayed upon
with veracity. In silver was left un sprayed upon.
They're a book on that just out now yen you walk into the Barnes and Noble
its right there on the first table on your left.

The integrity of photography is no weaker now than it ever was.
But we need a new PR guy.

I recommend Bernie the guy whose most famous client was Robin Hood.
A guy who stole from everybody and kept everything;
But hired Bernie.

A thousand year old man told me this.

Mark William Rabiner