Subject: [Leica] Picture of the Year Controversy
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 17:29:20 -0400

My exact thoughts word for word, Doug!

Though less specific on the flim type, Velvia you say.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Velviascene.jpg
Sure bares that out.
Or bears that out.

I've used the stuff less than most as we've talked about over the decade.
I say I don't like the smell of the stuf when used for grilled cheese
sandwiches. Some find that idea "too deep".

I kind of liked Astia 100F.
E6 Kodachrome as far as I went.
I shot way more color neg film than most having sued it so much for PR work.
And having a slight preference for 800 over 100.
And C prints over R prints.
And not caring for making so many 4x5 internegs.

Oops I thoght this was off list.
Looks like its on list.
I guess its ok.

Mark William Rabiner