Subject: [Leica] Technical Question Film Processing
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 07:46:47 -0700

If you wish to dry quickly, throw in about an ounce of alcohol ( no, not
Whisky, rubbing alcohol from the local drug store) into the final rinse (
about 12-24 ounces), with 1 drop of either Edwal LFN or PhotoFlo.
It will dry more quickly and prevents adherence of spots because of this
quicker drying.  I would forget the forced hot air approach for drying.....
film dries an about an hour or 2 around here in plain air ( LA... average RH
is about 30%).  About half that with my brew above.....

I prefer LFN to Photflo, as it seems to not cause the smearing I sometimes
got with the Kodak product.....

A lot of good suggestions on ways to make your basement drying area more
dust proof.....

Frank Filippone
red735i at earthlink.net

Message from gerry.walden at me.com (Gerry Walden) ([Leica] Technical Question Film Processing)