Subject: [Leica] Technical Question Film Processing
From: len-001 at verizon.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 21:03:54 -0400

Hi Jim,

I don't know if anyone addressed the streaking problem. Is the
streaking like water spots? Or is it more like streaking in the
negative itself caused by the developing and fixing process? How do
you agitate the developer and for how long?

Next is the Phoflo. It is not a wash. It is a wetting agent used to
eliminate water spots in the drying process. A 30 second dip in
Phoflo is all you need.

Also I would not dry film in the basement unless you have a finished
ceiling. Walking overhead will release dust as you walk above.

Also are you using distilled water for your developer, fixer and
Photoflo? Any contamination in your Photoflo caused by particulates
in the tap water will cause what looks like dust. The Phoflo solution
is what remains on the film while drying.

If you still have my number give me a call or pm me.

Len