Subject: [Leica] Adox ATM49
From: chs2018 at med.cornell.edu (Chris Saganich)
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 11:15:32 -0400

So why Sodium Sulfite at 100 g/l and Oxyethyl-ortho-aminophenol?  I would
think you could cut back to 40-50 grams/l which would increase actuance I
think.  Unless the Sulfite also is needed as an accelerator for the
Oxyethyl-ortho-aminophenol, which is likely.  The reduced sulfite would
also increase actuance by allowing the pyro to proportionally stain the
density.

The Sodium Metaphosphate is likely used to increase the rate of
hydroquinone developement and give maximum contrast.

The potassium bromide here would then be a restrainer, which seems
unnecessary as the sodium metaphosphate isn't that caustic?  Not as much as
Sodium Hydroxide at least.  If fog is a problem then perhaps a less caustic
sodium would work.

Interesting formula to play around with.  I'll have to see if I can get
some of the aminophenol, and Sodium Metaphosphate, both not the usual fare.