Subject: [Leica] Adox ATM49
From: johnbeeching at gmail.com (John Beeching)
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 12:33:50 +0100

Dear Marty,

Thanks for this information.  I think ATM49 is the same as Calbe A49;
certainly, they have the same developing time on the MDC.  While I have a
lab at work and could easily get hold of chemicals, I have shied away from
mixing my own, not because of uncertainties because as a molecular biologist
I'm used to precise chemical work, but because in photography I want to
concentrate on results, namely photos.  Though I have been tempted to try
instant coffee plus household soda, but as I drink espresso from real coffee
I would have to go out and buy the instant!

With the ATM49 Tri-X I've done prints up to A3 and do not find the grain any
more intrusive that I do with Xtol.  I will try your Xtol plus Rodinal
sometime as the latter is a developer I also like and have to hand.  ATM49
is not expensive and in comes with packets to make up two lots of one litre,
which is convenient.

John