Subject: [Leica] Technical Question Film Processing
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 21:38:53 +0100

> On Apr 21, 2009, at 9:22 AM, Jim Shulman wrote:
> First, it is filled with dust spots, even though my basement is  clean.
> Any
> thoughts on how to avoid this?  I hung the film to dry from a ceiling
> rafter, with clips at top and bottom.

Late, but I'll have to add to the shower room vote. I too turn on the shower
for a few seconds before I develop the roll just to kill off any dust there.

I use a minor splash of Ilfotol wetting agent in water at 1 + 200 and hang
them in the shower cubicle. I do NOT squeegee them or dry them with my
fingers. It seem to work for me provided I do not let the film curl on
itself and hang them up immediately.

Douglas
_________
Douglas Barry