Subject: [Leica] I am beautiful, but alone.....
From: nod at bouncing.org (Philip Clarke)
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 03:00:34 +0100

Henning Wulff wrote:
> At 3:14 AM +0100 4/23/09, Philip Clarke wrote:
>> Absolutely great range of tones, possibly the best whites I've seen in a
>> little under a fortnight here. Not 100% sure about the crop though, I
>> like the top staircase but I don't want my eye taken to that door.
>> Lovely blacks too, I'm being really really picky but the one thing I
>> would do is touch up the man's leg/ sock and remove the white patch of
>> skin because I looked at that before his face.
>>

> I would definitely leave it as it is. Those items define limits, and set
> the parameter for the rest of the picture.

To each his own, I do like the top stairs, I just find it a better
composition if the door on the right is covered. I think the second
staircase gives it more depth and balance and that the door is a bit wonky.

As for the gentleman below who keeps on launching personal attacks (I am
being moderated), he should pay really close attention to the different
whites that retain details in the man's shirt and bag, compared with the
walls, there's distinction but not overly hard tones throughout the
images, the highlights aren't blown the blacks are deep and detailed.
Since he seems oblivious to difference in printing or scanned quality, I
suggest he keep on practising. btw seen the website.

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] I am beautiful, but alone.....)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] I am beautiful, but alone.....)
Message from nod at bouncing.org (Philip Clarke) ([Leica] I am beautiful, but alone.....)
Message from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] I am beautiful, but alone.....)