Subject: [Leica] 21 mm Elmarit fringing
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 09:37:41 +1000

Douglas, are you using the UV/IR as well?
If so you may be seeing cyan edges, unintentionally introduced by the UV/IR.
Or are you describing light fall off towards the edges?
Coding (and of course the right menu selection) will certainly reduce
vignetting with your wide and eliminate cyan edges.
I think that a 21 is an ideal candidate for coding whichever model you have.
You can evaluate this for yourself though with some temporary coding and
test shots if you wish. A white wall makes the effects most obvious.
Be very careful if you are applying temporary coding. Personally I don't
recommend it, although others have said that they have had no problems.
There is a risk of ink being dislodged onto the detector window or worse,
the sensor.