Subject: [Leica] 21 mm Elmarit fringing
From: dnygr at cshore.com (Douglas Nygren)
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 18:37:32 -0400

I have been using a pre-Asph 21mm Elmarit on the M8 and notice on the
edges a subtle shift to light blue.

My assumption is that this may be caused by vignetting, but I may be
wrong. Has anyone else noticed it.

A friend suggested that having the lens coded for the M8 might cure
this problem. Does anyone know whether that is true or not?

My friend maintains that coding helps wide-angle lenses. True?

I assume the Asph 21 does not have this problem, but that's an
assumption.

Your help is appreciated, as always.

Doug

Replies: Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] 21 mm Elmarit fringing)