Subject: [Leica] Elarmit 21mm colof fringing
From: dnygr at cshore.com (Douglas Nygren)
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 08:25:07 -0400

The fringing problem happens only on the M8 (M8.2). If you shoot
negative film and transparencies that problem does not occur.

If I read the responses to my question correctly, the problem is due to
the lens not having six-bit coding. I'll have to find out whether this
lens can be coded. Apparently there are some that can't be.

I like the 21 on the M8 on which it becomes a 28. Until I put it on the
M8, I liked the lens a lot. I'll see what happens when I have it coded
and give an update on the lug.

If the new 21 1.4 summilux weren't so expensive, I'd consider picking
it up, Coding is a lot, lot cheaper.

Thanks for everyone's input--Doug

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Elarmit 21mm colof fringing)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Elmarit 21mm color fringing)