Subject: [Leica] Absolutely OT: Perspective, ladders and tricks
From: nod at bouncing.org (Philip Clarke)
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 23:13:05 +0100

I also advocate crawling on one's belly like Erwitt's classic picture of
the dog's legs.

http://www.andrewwardgallery.com/Elliott_Erwitt_Photo_Dog_Legs_New_York_City_1974.htm

Just what is OT though ? A disparate group of individual's joined by
their possession of Leicas, I think the "User" in the title is very
representative as discussion of technique may prompt people to change or
experiment. I'd like to have a go at "a bit of a Martin Parr" after
someone's gallery (although I had more spinal surgery yesterday). Nathan
Wajsman wrote to me personally and thinks my technique is more
appropriate for using a field camera, and I do agree, I move like I were
setting up a shot for a one-off every time, I never used much film and
more often than not found the frame used would be the first one I shot.
I did apply view camera technique to M6's but as in the Erwitt example
above, bobbing up and down to find an angle, need not necessarily mean
that one has to be slow.

Philip.