Subject: [Leica] Just for fun, now cropping.
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 20:14:18 -0500

Steve,

Sounds like the same old crop to me :).  First photographers wrestled with
the demons of burning and dodging, until now should I use GAF 500 "film" in
Exposure 2?  And you sometimes still hear "a cropped photo is a ruined
photo".  I think that some of the experts would have been better as nuns
breaking rulers over the wrists of miscreants, instilling guilt...just my
take.  I know there is some thought that a photo should be a faithful
representation of the scene, but why, unless you are making a documentary
photo?  What would "Moonrise" have looked like before AA manned up and
dunked the bottom half of the neg in chromium intensifier?

Ken