Subject: [Leica] Virginia horse country
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 20:56:30 -0600

This past weekend I flew to DC to catch the Robert Frank show at the
National Gallery before it closed on Saturday.  I stayed with friends in
Virginia and on Saturday we took a drive in the country to Middleburg and
environs, home of some very wealthy folks, where 800-acre horse farms are
common and fox hunting (riding to hounds) is popular.  Here are some
touristy snaps in the form of a slide show.  I was hoping for a better
catch, but two things tripped me up:  I accidentally set my Canon SX110 to
AUTO, which meant that my shooting preferences weren't in effect, including
an ISO cap at 200.  So a couple of these are at 800 and cropped to boot.  I
also took quite a few with another camera (Samsung) but when I got home I
noticed that the pictures were not very sharp and found a thick smear of
grease right in the middle of the lens, so none of those shots were usable.
 Anyway, here's the link:
http://picasaweb.google.com/paswango/Middleburg2009#slideshow
The fancy shop near the end of the show is the showroom of Elizabeth Locke,
a high-end jewelery maker.  Here's her web site, just in case you have any
important birthdays or anniversaries coming up. ;-)
http://www.elizabethlockejewels.com/
Prices in the M8 range. ;-)

--
Phil Swango