Subject: [Leica] August Sander collection
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 20:15:13 -0600

Last week I was in DC for the final days of the Robert Frank exhibit at the
NGA.  While there I also visited the Kathleen Ewing gallery near DuPont
Circle, where I used to shop when I lived in the area.  Kathleen is closing
after 33 years and will be selling from her home and via the web, so the
visit was a bittersweet one.  But there was also an amazing set on view: 24
August Sander images printed by his grandson Gerd, who once owned a gallery
near where Kathleen is now.  I never thought to see that many Sander prints
all on one wall, and the prints were stunning.  Priced at $2-4K apiece so
out of my range, but still something worth seeing and remembering.  Here's a
photo link:
http://tinyurl.com/asander

--
Phil Swango