Subject: [Leica] FW: Friedlander & Madonna: Switcheroo..
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 01 May 2009 14:48:57 -0400

I think when God needs advice on Art he calls Lee Friedlander. Or text's
him.
I don't argue with any of these guys.
Lee, God or Art.

I think as she's not being glamorized at all its very straight it might be
easy to think its pornography. I don't think it is.
I get a faint air of integrity from it.
Nothings being done with mirrors. No shell game. No Ponzi scheme.

- beats the crap out of most the nudes I've shot over the years.
Which were too glitzy and glamorized.

Which may be why he got three more Guggenheim's than I ever got.
Lee three
Rabs zero

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Friedlander
This thing says he switched from Leica's to Hasselblad Superwide.
No mention of digital.

"In 2005, the Museum of Modern Art displayed a major retrospective of
Friedlander works. In the same year he received a 2005 Hasselblad
International Award. His work was displayed again by the San Francisco
Museum of Modern Art as a retrospective in 2008.[2] Concurrent to this
retrospective, a more contemporary body of his work, America By Car, was
displayed at the Fraenkel Gallery not far from the museum.[3]"

This guys on a roll. And its not made by Sandisk.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from chs2018 at med.cornell.edu (Chris Saganich) ([Leica] FW: Friedlander & Madonna: Switcheroo..)
Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] FW: Friedlander & Madonna: Switcheroo..)