Subject: [Leica] FS: Tri-Elmar 28-35-50 f/4
From: john.o.newell at comcast.net (J. Newell)
Date: Sat, 2 May 2009 01:51:10 +0000 (UTC)

Leica Tri-Elmar 28-35-50 f/4 variable focal length lens, $2,300. This is a
version one lens, so it does not have the busy DOF lines that are based on a
24x36mm image size.? Includes original leather lens case, Leica front and
rear caps, Leica shade with box and shade cap, and 55mm thin filter (not
Leica).

Condition: Glass has no scratches, cleaning marks, etc. and is haze-free.?
Focusing is smooth.? Aperture ring and focal length selector detents are
crisp.? Focal length selector brings up frames accurately in my early M6,
late M6, M4 and M5 (in other words, every M body I've tried it on).? Metal
finish is like new except for?light signs of use in two places.? First, the
rear edge of three of the serrations on the rear of the aperture ring are
bright.? Second, there is a ~3mm long?line that is?literally the width of a
(fine) hair that shows bright on the edge of the bottom rear of the filter
ring.? No dents/dings/etc. on the filter ring or elsewhere.

I am trying to emphasize the faults so there is no disappointment,
but?looking at pictures of this lens will give you a better idea of how nice
it is - pictures available on request.? It is also a wondeful image-maker.?
It has all the traditional Leica character without the edge that the latest
ASPH lenses sometimes show.

Price includes surface shipping and Paypal fees within the lower 48.? Paypal
payment preferred. Will ship to Paypal-linked confirmed address only.?
Please reply offlist to newellj at gmail dot com.