Subject: [Leica] George ?
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Sun, 03 May 2009 11:59:24 -0500

Not sure how to respond to this Philip.

A few thoughts:
When I first proposed the Idea of a "Periodic LUG Assignment"
we saw some positive response to the concept.
I requested that people submit "assignment" suggestions;
and asked if Brian might set up a place for us to gather the work
together
(similar to the LUG monthly contest area?).

We didn't receive many "assignment" suggestions.
A number of us proceeded to pursue the "Signs of the economic
downturn near home" assignment.
For lack of a place to gather the work, I put up a page on my web site
with links to other's sites where that assignment can be viewed.
That page feels a bit rough in form, cohesion, content, and execution
(apologies for that). It's also a bit cumbersome to keep up to date.

I'd prefer that we would have a central place
where each participant could upload their "assignment" images
and we could view the evolving body of work as whole.

With all of that said; everyone should feel free to offer new
"assignment" ideas.
I still think it's a fine idea to work on an extended theme
without the competitive nature of a "contest"
rather as a complement to the LUG Monthly Contest.

What do others think?

Philip - do you have some assignment suggestions?

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com