Subject: [Leica] 8 or 8.2
From: mark at whitedogs.co.uk (Mark Pope)
Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 08:47:18 +0100

Douglas said...
<quote>

That's why I'm setting up my own darkroom so maybe I won't be
so reluctant to rip up my own output in future.

</quote>

Don't you believe it...One of the most important darkroom accessories is
a large waste bin.  Once you start making your own prints, you will get
through paper like nobody's business.  It's great fun, but can be very
frustrating too.

Since I had my M8, I have hardly used my darkroom.  In fact I don't even
print LF any more, preferring to scan the negatives and work on the
scans digitally.

My film Ms are being replaced with another M8 body on the basis that it
will get used.  Since I've had my M8, it has been used for the vast
majority of my photography.  I did put a roll in my M6 TTL before
Christmas.  On Friday I took the film out of the camera so I could box
it up.  I had taken 15 shots on it.  Like Tina I have rolls of film
around the house that I haven't developed yet and to be honest, I
probably won't get around to developing them.

As far as my darkroom is concerned, I think that its days are numbered.
  When it goes it will be a sad day, but if I can sell the kit, then I
can put the money towards something like an 18mm Super Elmar.

Mark Pope,
Swindon, Wilts
UK

Homepage               http://www.monomagic.co.uk