Subject: [Leica] doing it for real
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 20:26:11 -0400

At 07:50 PM 5/5/2009, you wrote:
>I was surprised when I got to the sequence that covered the "Doctors
>Without Borders" there were no photos depicting the doctors. #15,
>children running after the doctor's vehicle, #17  woman with her
>child sitting in the clinic.
>
>Where are photos showing the doctors? Did the photographer not take
>any? or were they just left out.
>
>For me the takeaway was that there was an agenda in this and in the
>end I felt it did not make it's mark on me.

Doctors Without Borders, or Medecins Sans Frontieres, are very, very
particular about how they are photographed.  They have their own
publicity photographers and usually do not allow anyone else to take
photos of the doctors at work.  I had taken some after Hurricane
Mitch in Honduras and got a call from MSF asking me not to use them
for anything without prior approval.  I did manage to get approval to
use one but it was a real hassle.

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com