Subject: [Leica] The Macao Jet Foil
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 13:38:03 +0800

> Date: Fri, 08 May 2009 05:03:27 +0000
> From: grduprey at mchsi.com
> Subject: Re: [Leica] The Macao Jet Foil
> To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>
>
> Howard,
>

> Well I have to go with the M8 shot. ?I like the color and exposure
> better than the D700. ?The 180 APO on the D700 on the other hand
> give a greater magnification and therefore clearer details, and also
> shows just how good the 180 APO is, even at its age. ?I really like
> mine also, but I use it with the R8/DMR.
>

> Cheers,
> Gene

Hi gene,
I think part of your preference may be that the M8 photo was shot on a
clear kodachrome day and the D700 was shot on a smoggy day when the
Guangdong factories were running.
I was looking mostly at detail and was impressed with the 180 on the
D700 - especially given the age of the lens.
Cheers
Howard

Replies: Reply from grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com) ([Leica] The Macao Jet Foil)