Subject: [Leica] REAL PHOTOGRAPHERS SHOOT B&W some times colour.
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 13:19:02 -0700

Peter Dzwig offered:

>>>Ted,

that looks amazing. Those photos alone make it worth it. I can't wait to see
the

rest. I will get on and order one.

Who - forgive my ignoreance - is Cassandra Zinkowski (if I read the cover

correctly on this screen)? - and where was the cover shot taken?

Brilliant, but none of us would have expected less!!

Peter<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Hi Peter,

Thank you very much for your kind comments on the first dozen or so pages of
the book. I trust you'll be more than thrilled with the rest of it. :-)

I think one of the most interesting points of the book is. "I'm alive, well
and available for questions by anyone who buys the book!" How many times
have people ever seen that kind of situation with any kind of photography
book when they want to ask a question?

And to me I put that in simply because of the hundreds of photography books
I have in my collection and I've run into so many times. "Damn I wish I
could ask him just what he means ?"  In my case and my book?  I'm here
waiting for the "phone to ring!" ;-) Ok question on the screen! :-)

You did read the back cover correctly.  "Cassandra Zinkowski's Quotation?"

She is a very visually astute young woman who answered the question "what
does the Art of Observation mean to you?" The quotation is her answer! I
felt it very fitting in relation to my 60 year career! And the book
illustrates what the quotation means!

Please let me and the crew know your reaction to the book. Thank you.

Cheers,

ted