Subject: [Leica] Hello, to M8 users, can you tell me what your workflow is, for DNG?
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 17:58:12 -0400

Jayanand,

That was my workflow for a long time. Convert in Capture, continue in
PS. But it just became easier to print right from Capture. It wasn't due
to shortened workflow, but because my prints were better coming out of
Capture. I seem to have problems with the PS print routines. I've spent
a lot of time trying to fix the issues with limited success. NX has been
much easier to use. I'm printing more, and publishing less on the web
stuff. If I were doing more web stuff I'd use PS more.

The downside of Capture/NX is that it's a resource hog. Seems a lot of
imaging applications suffer from that. But Capture may be a little worse
than most. NX2 seems a little better at resource management than prior
versions. There's still room for improvement!

I'm not a high volume shooter, so it's not a problem. I generate more
images with film than I do with digital, for whatever reason. I'd like
to try Lightroom, but just don't want to tackle another piece of
software right now. I barely have time for photography as it is.

DaveR