Subject: [Leica] Hello, to M8 users, can you tell me what your workflow is, for DNG?
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 10:42:26 -0400

Mark wrote:

>>I don't care about Nikon software nor have a heard of any photographer
using it. Photographers use Photoshop.<<

I use Nikon Capture NX. Very rarely do I use Photoshop anymore. (I
question whether or not I'm any longer a real photographer, so maybe
that explains why. :-) )

I use Capture NX to convert NEFs and to do some pretty basic and simple
adjustments. In some ways I use it like darkroom tools, which I also
still use.

I use NX control points to burn and dodge areas. I raise or lower
contrast here or there. About the only thing I do that I can't do in a
darkroom is use D-lighting.

I work with software all day long. Photography is my escape from that. I
use photo software out of necessity, not because I enjoy it.

I try and get a photograph right in the camera and I make prints. That
workflow doesn't ask much of PC applications. I prefer things that way.

DaveR

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Hello, to M8 users, can you tell me what your workflow is, for DNG?)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Hello, to M8 users, can you tell me what your workflow is, for DNG?)