Subject: [Leica] News of the World
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 13:17:17 +0100

It is always necessary to read two sources - at least. I learnt this forcibly
when listening to the BBC reporting the election of Mitterand (so it wasn't
yesterday!) and also (I think) France Inter. Two completely different
stories -
and Aunty BBC wasn't right.

Over here we have a far too narrow view of the world.

FWIW I tend to read the Financial Times not because of any involvement in the
markets but because they have global reach and a duty to report the facts
objectively (and no personality "news") and Le Monde or Figaro when I can get
them or when in France. And The Economist.

The internet makes it so easy to get foreign news access...

Peter