Subject: [Leica] Real Photographers Shoot Black and White, Sometimes Color
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 07:05:02 -0700

Geoff Hopkinson offered:

>>>Today I received my copy of Ted Grant's new book from Blurb. I ordered
mine

through Ted and its a very nice bonus to have a personal inscription from my

friend inside!

Incidentally I opted for the premium paper and hard cover. I can see

appreciably better reproduction in some shots compared to ones reproduced in

early (non premium paper) copies of our '12 Leica Users' book. Also the

quality of the medical shots compares very favourably to the larger scale

commercial reproduction in Ted's 'Women in Medicine' volume.

As others have commented this is a marvellous volume full of vintage Grant.

Despite our sushi munching author's oft expressed preference in the title,

there really is a goodly serving of color in there.

Anyway a terrific sampling of many years of Ted's work. Definitely not to be

missed by anyone who appreciates Ted's experience and skill. Hours of

browsing for any photographic eye. So much to enjoy and learn from. Stacks

of very newsworthy and iconic shots from around the whole planet as well as

Ted's beloved Canada of course.<<<<<<

Hi Geoff,

Thank you good Sir! Glad you liked it as many have offered. Hopefully others
will when they purchase a copy.

Quite frankly I've picked it up any number of times, slowly turned the pages
wondering, "So I did all this stuff? Kinda neat eh?" :-) Then I get a gut
wrench thinking about the times when some of these were taken I'm very lucky
to still be here typing this.

Thank you.

Cheers,

ted