Subject: [Leica] 50/1.1
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 00:31:11 -0400

They need to get a better photo illustration of the the thing it looks like
a Kmart Noctilux.

They need to find the guy who takes the pictures of the real Zeiss lenses.
And not jpeg the hell out of what he/she gives them in the end.
I'm sure the lens has got to look better than that in person.
It looks like extruded plastic from recycled Barbie and Ken dolls.

I cant wait to read what Erwin's take on the lens is.
I bet they tried something innovative optically.

I'm disappointed its only slightly smaller than the current f1 Noctilux. If
there is one.
I'd love it to be same size as the first f 1.2 Noctilux.
That's a perfectly balanced lens.

Its a shame Leica cant figure out a way to have a Noctilux with no back
focus and close focused issues for less than ten grand usd.
I dying to see the first guy with one whose got that kind of cash for a
thing like that I images he'll drive up in a caravan or Rolls Royce's.

Yesterday on the bus there was a guy with an M6 and a motordrive. Not
current version. He bought the motor drive for 175 bucks the day before.

I spent $599.99 on mine.
Wow!

Buy low sell high I think it is how it goes.
I'm going to put that under my pillow.

Mark William Rabiner