Subject: [Leica] Cameras Banned
From: walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson)
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 09:32:44 -0400

Paraphrasing Ben Franklin a bit concerning the situation in Charlotte...

"those who give up their rights for security deserve neither."

Many lawyers  are probably making less than plumbers these days.  I'd think
one might easily find  legal help with this obvious rights violation.  What
are they going to do, arrest you?

Having worked for decades as a photojournalist I can't remember all the
times I've been threatened with arrest. I can remember all the times I've
been arrested, zero. As old Ben F. said... "stand yer ground." Even in
backwoods N.C. some of the city fathers might not be dawg stupid enough to
try and make this idiocy fly.

Another solution might be bring yer bible in one hand, yer Leica around yer
nek and a sign of your true beliefs in the other.... see below....

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Walt+Johnson/patricat.jpg.html

Hell's bell's, even Newt Gingrich would be afraid to question your loyalty
with friends like that.

Walt

Replies: Reply from kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney) ([Leica] Cameras Banned)