Subject: [Leica] a quick hello
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 16:47:33 -0400

And looking at your work, Tina its very evident that a rangefinder camera
would be the tool of choice. Up close and personal with people of a variety
of cultures; It would be mine. I'd be shooting with the New 18 on an M8.2.

However the severe inadequacies of the Canon glass wides especially I cant
speak for Henning agrees with you but the vast majority of top pros are all
using them.
Are they all blind and stupid as are their editors and art directors?
Comparing rangefinder shooting against SLR is one thing;
In the 90s the minute I got my first m6 in never used my Nikons on ny
backdrop again;
But copped format against full 24x36 format is another thing.
Its darned hard to compete with a camera of a format one up from yours.
And that includes comparing an expensive smaller format camera against a
cheap larger format camera.
If the cameras got the acreage; it doesn't need thousands dollar glass and
tremendous build and features.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] a quick hello)
Reply from mingthein at gmail.com (Thein Onn Ming) ([Leica] a quick hello)