Subject: [Leica] a quick hello
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 16:58:00 -0400

At 04:47 PM 5/22/2009, you wrote:
>Are they all blind and stupid as are their editors and art directors?

It's the old "good enough" syndrome.  The files from the Canon lens
are good enough for most publishing uses; however, they will NOT pass
most stock agencies quality control.  I had many failures for the
couple of years that I used Canon lenses - "soft and lacking
definition", "chromatic aberrations", and "interpolation artifacts"
were a few of the reasons given for failure.  I have never had a
Leica M8 photo fail quality control for any stock agency (and that's
all I've submitted for the last two years).

>If the cameras got the acreage; it doesn't need thousands dollar glass and
>tremendous build and features.

Read above.  All you have to do is examine the photos at 100% from
edge to edge.  It also makes a huge difference that the Leica M8 has
no AA filter over the sensor.  That more than makes up for the crop factor.

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from mingthein at gmail.com (Thein Onn Ming) ([Leica] a quick hello)