Subject: [Leica] An 80th birthday party! :-)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (TED GRANT)
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 10:11:44 -0500

Hi folks,
This is a note of a happy day given that many of you have shared them in the
past with me & my wife. :-)

Given my Irene celebrates her 80th bd on Monday May 25th and mine on
Wednesday May 27th our mass families decided to have one big bash in Ottawa
today and get them over in one shot! :-)

I thought maybe just reachin the full term of 80 years given the number of
times on assinments I never figured I'd make it to 40 was very good luck?
Let alone 80? :-) I think one could easily use the quote... "Oh the troubles
I've seen and surived!" And it would be quite fitting for ice cream and
cake! ;-) :-)  But giving the ratios of near disasters to survival rate, I
figured it should warrant a couple of very fine single malt Scotch's. :-)
Accordingly I have been informed there will be a few available!:-) Now
that's good family thinking of looking after the "Old Lad!" :-)

One would think at 80 you might be quite glad to hang up the gear sit back,
watch the clouds form and grass grow. However? :-)
Rumour has it as we left for the airport, it looks like I will be starting a
new book on how medical students become doctors to compliment my previous
medic documentary books. So I have to stay in good shape for about another
year. So if I'm ever going to need a good single malt I might as well get
them in during the bd party later today! As there wont be much time during
this coming year. :-)

I think the best thing about this new book is, it will be a challenge to say
the least, but it will keep me busy and if you don't keep busy in the senior
years of your life.... "YOU WILL DIE!" And I most certainly have no
intentions of doing something that stupid when I'm only 80 years old! :-)

You see it's all about attitude, love life and the people you chit chat with
daily and without question, "KISS and ready to kick ass if need be!" Have a
great weekend everyone as I sure as hell intend to! :-)

cheers,
Dr. ted :-)

Replies: Reply from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] An 80th birthday party! :-))
Reply from eric.calderwood at btinternet.com (Eric Calderwood) ([Leica] An 80th birthday party! :-))