Subject: [Leica] Modified R lenses
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 15:19:30 -0400

Thanks Jim. Glad you could get to the site. I had some issues but I
think they're resolved.

I don't have a lot of images from the D700/R lens combo. My photography
has been limited by time and opportunity. When I have the time I mainly
shoot bw film.

I can't seem to wean myself from the darkroom. My heart is really into
wet printing as much as much as anything. There's still no greater
thrill than watching a BW image come to life in Dektol. Besides, I have
trouble finding wall space for new prints. Being more prolific with
digital would only make matters on that front worse :-)

Even with limited digital shooting, I can see a difference in Leica
glass. My next lens will be a 50/1.4 R. I may also get a R6.2 for
shooting film.

DaveR