Subject: [Leica] For Sale Nikon Items
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 15:30:50 -0400

I use one. I think of it as my Leica lens which says Nikon on it.
They don't make it any more it costs them too much money. (1994-2006)
They don't make the Hammer crinkle finish any more cost them too much money.
Its a gorgeous lens with all kinds of Aspherics and rare for Nikon glass
types. It was in its time almost Leica priced.
And is sold now used all kinds of money.
It was much cheaper to have bought this lens new.
I paid $1700 in 2003 for mine and would expect to be able to get as much
Rudner here is asking; though I'd never sell it for any reason ever..
There is no motor in it so it makes the robot noise when you AF it.
Canon came out with a 24 1.4 to compete with it. It didn't I don't think
compete with it all that well. Its not talked about in hushed reverent tones
like the nikon is.
So its one of the few modern Nikon collectors items.
But is bought I'm sure to shoot with not have on a shelf.

I shot this whole thing with it.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/22/automobiles/collectibles/22MARQUIS.html
All at 1.4 from bright snow to dark garage with flames shooting.
Hours of shooting all with that one lens.

Check out Rockwell's Blurb on it
http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/2814af.htm

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from charcot at comcast.net (charcot) ([Leica] For Sale Nikon Items)