Subject: [Leica] OT: D3x vs. 'Blad CFV 16MP full sized samples
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 18:42:24 -0400

>From Leicas standpoint I can understand why they did what they did.
They need to be a jump ahead of Nikon Canon like they were in the 90's and
before film era or why spend thousands when you could be spending hundreds?
Putting these filters in front of the sensor is like a dumbing down
averaging out to a lowest common denominator of decades of brilliant lens
design tweaking and the use of much better glasses and tolerances..

But in hindsight always a nice thing it may have been smarter to try this
naked sensor thing out on one of Panasonic Leicas first. And see what hell
all breaks loose in practice amongst the consumers. Thigh might have avoided
the filter fiasco which accompanied the release of the M8.
I should have bought one in Germany at Photokina if they would have parted
with one at that time.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] OT: D3x vs. 'Blad CFV 16MP full sized samples)