Subject: [Leica] OT: D3x vs. 'Blad CFV 16MP full sized samples
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 18:35:21 -0400

I really don't understand though the point of even looking at a traditional
scan or capture with no sharpening of any kind.
Its like pulling a negative half way out of the fix; washing it for five
minutes dripping and then comparing it against a finished image.
Software sharpening is simply NOT AN OPTIONAL PART of the traditional
digital workflow. You don't go "gee I sharpened this one!"
You leave it out you just don't have a picture.
It cuts all the phlegm away showing what's underneath.

So for this test to be viable some modest sharpening would have to be done
to the shots on the right column with the traditional & Anti-Aliasing (AA)
and ICF IR Cut Filter (ICF) assembly. Unsharp mask probably but whatever.
Then those shots are starting on the starting line.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] OT: D3x vs. 'Blad CFV 16MP full sized samples)