Subject: [Leica] M8 Sharpening filter use - was: full sized samples
From: mingthein at gmail.com (Thein Onn Ming)
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 10:23:36 +0800

FWIW, I find printing a lot more forgiving than the screen. You can
make really nice prints with even a mid-range P&S and decent light
plus some basic postprocessing knowledge. (Heracy, I know). I have to
admit I've tried this test a number of times - mix up a load of 8x12s
or 12x18s shot with different cameras and formats, and get the viewer
to pick. Most of the time they pick wrong. The only dead giveaways
are superwides and superteles.