Subject: [Leica] Postcards from Detroit
From: rhart76 at gmail.com (Roger Hart)
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 09:31:51 -0400

Mark,

I'm not sure if you were able to see all the photos in the book, but you are
correct in that a large percentage were shot with a 180. While shooting the
F1 races, on pratice and qualifying days I would typically work with three
cameras...two motorized F3s (or maybe an FM2) and my M4P. The Nikons were
fitted with a 180 and a 20 or 24, while the Leica was fitted with a 35. In
those heady days of my youth, I stayed away from the slow zoom lenses of the
day. On race day, I shot the start of the race from a tower at the end of
the front straight along the Detroit River. A 600mm lens (sometimes with a
1.4x extender) was used for the start. I also used a 35 to get a panoramic
view of the first corner with the Renaissance Center in the background.

While it would be easier today to find out what lens was used via the EXIF
data from a digital camera, Tri-X has no provision to record that
information, and it's left up to my failing memory.

Thanks for looking at the book.

Roger