Subject: [Leica] Salgado now great image/camera ?
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 11:56:59 -0700

On Jun 1, 2009, at 11:35 AM, wildlightphoto at earthlink.net wrote:

> Steve Barbour wrote:
>

> I'm wondering if there is an example of a truly great photo,
> that would not be a truly great photo,
> if it was taken with some other camera...?
> <<<
>
> Depends on the cameras in question, the particular circumstances of
> the
> photo, and the qualities of the photo that make it truly great.
> There's no
> simple answer to this question.

it's a very simple question, intentionally so, and I was hoping for a
very simple answer....

no.... that would be perfect,

but of course, all of us can think of ways to make it complicated...

but the question hinges on the meaning of  "truly great photo"  ...

by that I mean "undeniably truly great"....    of course, based on
content, the magic moment, the significance...

(ie. not another ordinary  photo that is "so sharp, or has such great
color, or wonderful bokeh...")

I am sincere in wondering if a good example exists, challenging the
group to point one out.
Seems like we all deal with mostly trying to make relatively ordinary
photos look great,
hence our incredible concerns and preconceptions for all the technical
things,
to squeeze the last drop of juice out of our photos...

What is limiting? Is it our cameras, or is it our brains and eyes?

Steve