Subject: [Leica] Intro & question: part 2
From: rgacpa at yahoo.com (Bob Adler)
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 18:08:17 -0700 (PDT)

Henning,
Have you tried using a Hoodman?
Bob

 Bob Adler
Palo Alto, CA
http://www.raflexions.com

________________________________
From: Henning Wulff <henningw at archiphoto.com>
To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>
Sent: Monday, June 1, 2009 6:05:48 PM
Subject: Re: [Leica] Intro & question: part 2

For a number of years now my SLR needs have been met by Canons. At
present I use among others a 40D. What annoys me most about it is
that the screen at the back really doesn't help me much with how
sharp the photo is that I just took or am taking. It always displays
quite mushy. Yet when I take a technically decent shot, bring it into
the computer and look at it, it's OK. It's that damned screen image!

I was very disappointed at first when I switched over from the 20D to
the 40D, as the 20D with it's small screen actually gave a much more
accurate impression of the shot, especially when magnified. The
strange thing is that the 5D, and now the 5D MkII, show quite sharp
images on playback. It just seems to be the 40D. Whenever the 60D??
comes out I'll have a look and if the screen on playback shows the
scene better, I'll get it immediately.

BTW, increasing the sharpness in the menus doesn't do a thing when
shooting RAW. I don't know and don't care about jpeg shots.

--

    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
  /###\   mailto:henningw at archiphoto.com