Subject: [Leica] WAS: Salgado NOW HCB ?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 13:08:58 -0700

Philippe Amard Offered in response:

Subject: Re: [Leica] Salgado now great image/camera ?

Ted Grant wrote:

>Trust me, I have 5 different copies of HCB books and nearly everyone has
the same photographs.

>I've always referred to him with affection and admiration as "The Worlds

>Greatest Snap Shooter!"  But technique??? :-) Actually who cares! :-)<<<<

Philippe said:

I do trust you mon Ami Ted.

And I do concur on the approach.

Yet, the guy had talented folks downstream to catch up with his

'carelessness'.

and I will never cease to admire his tireur(s) who deserve so much more

than usually admitted.

You need both to get a masterpice, I think.<<<<<

Philippe that is so true! You do need both all the time. If one is a
careless shooter riding on their so called " natural skills?"  They better
have the Great Spirit riding along side with excellent technicians to
correct the photographers. "Natural sloppiness!"  :-) No matter how good he
or she has been built up in the press and by public relations people.

ted

Replies: Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] WAS: Salgado NOW HCB ?)