Subject: [Leica] Why sharpen?
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 15:34:24 -0700

Most of the answering has dried up, so let me summarize what I read......

You sharpen because....
You blew the focus the first time and this is a fix.  ( sounds like someone
needs more focusing practice or a re-calibration of his RF)
The AA filter ( nonexistent in the M8) is the culprit.......even though
there are users of the M8 that sharpen...
Because the results look better...
Because the tool is there and someone likes to use the tool.....

Personally, it is still a mystery....

Why sharpen all the images you capture digitally?

Frank Filippone
red735i at earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Chris Williams) ([Leica] Why sharpen?)
Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Why sharpen?)