Subject: [Leica] Why sharpen?
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 17:57:51 -0500

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 5:34 PM, Frank Filippone wrote:

> You sharpen because....
> You blew the focus the first time and this is a fix. ?( sounds like someone
> needs more focusing practice or a re-calibration of his RF)

I don't need more practice, sometimes I miss a little bit.  Sometimes,
I want a little more to be sharp, even though my Summicron is glued to
f2.

> The AA filter ( nonexistent in the M8) is the culprit.......even though
> there are users of the M8 that sharpen...

I use focus magic, not any sharpening, and sometimes, it pulls the
image  a little crisper, and I like it that way.

> Because the results look better...

"Well, yes."  I wish I could type it in the current vernacular

> Because the tool is there and someone likes to use the tool.....

If a spanner makes a connection tighter, use the spanner.

> Personally, it is still a mystery....
>
> Why sharpen all the images you capture digitally?

Because some images need it, like some images need dodging.

Sonny
http://www.sonc.com
http://sonc.stumbleupon.com/
Natchitoches, Louisiana   (+31.754164,-093.099080)
USA

Message from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Why sharpen?)