Subject: [Leica] Card Readers as Ted spoke of in a recent note
From: piers at hemy.org (Piers Hemy)
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 13:16:31 +0100

I quote selectively a recent post to another list which addresses the point
(and acknowledge Moose's wisdom which at least afew others here will
recognise):

"This reader "USB 2.0 All in 1 Card Reader", marked USB Hi-speed is tiny,
really inexpensive and really fast. Using a "SanDisk CF Extreme III 4GB
30MB/sec." card, it reaches 20.4 MB/sec.  With a Sandisk SDHC 4GB Extreme
III card. 16.0 MB/sec. With a Sandisk CF 2GB Ultra II card, readers max out
at about 10MB/sec.

<http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-2-0-Memory-Card-Reader-Writer-SD-SDHC-MS-CF-TF-MMC_
W0QQitemZ220379351413QQcmdZViewItemQQptZPCC_Drives_Storage_Internal?hash=ite
m334fa20975&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262&_trkparms=%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%
3A30> "

That link again http://tinyurl.com/qb5o3n

Today there is a sale price of $1.50 discount, making the reader $3.34.  Oh
and free shipping in USA. Did I mention it includes the USB cable?  If you
want it cheaper, seller seems to offer wholesale discounts too!

No affiliation except as a customer awaiting imminent delivery.

Piers